View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 16, 2012, 5:39 PM

Sacbee headline:
Quote:
Sacramento Kings fans confused at first home game since arena deal's collapse
It's interesting that none of the people interviewed for the article was a Sacramento resident. Confused..really? I think most Sacramentans got the memo long ago. I can just imagine all these chowderheads invading Old Sacramento after a game. No thanks. BTW Grant Napear is insane.

Also from the Bee :
Quote:
At a press conference to celebrate the success of the fundraising campaign to keep city pools open, Johnson said, "This is not over, we're going to figure out something."

He said he's not sure whether the Kings owners, the Maloofs, want to stay in Sacramento, despite the Maloofs' insistence over the weekend that they're committed to the city. "They told me in New York that they can change their mind," the mayor said.
Of course, the Mayor is going to put the best face on it. That's what he is expected to do. He knows full well that as he speaks the Maloofs are planning their move to Anaheim. They've been talking to officials in Anaheim and have taken out domain/reg/copyright names out on the "Anaheim Kings" and "Anaheim Royals", etc. It's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when.

Last edited by ozone; Apr 16, 2012 at 6:06 PM.