View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 29, 2017, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booch View Post
I have been told from a good source that the Corning deal is done and that will also be located in Racine/Kenosha county.

And fwiw... Wisconsin was the state that bid the lowest for the Foxconn deal. And from what I hear, Kasich wanted nothing to do with this because of the affiliation with Trump.

Regarding the JCI tower...my hope was that Foxconn would occupy some floors in a JCI building. I find it difficult to believe that Foxconn would be an anchor for a 50 story office tower. That being said, I don't think that tower ever gets built. Ever. It might as well be another Marcus proposal.
I'm curious to see what other employers follow Foxconn/Corning. Some articles have said up to 150 different suppliers could potentially locate around the plant. If a $1Billion Corning plant is just the first one of those suppliers, SE Wisconsin could be in for some serious, rabid industrial development in the I-94 corridor.

I also read that Wisconsin wasn't even the highest bid. Must have really wined and dined them.

I think Foxconn/JCI would be perfect to go in on a tower together. If I remember correctly what I had read, JCI already works with Foxconn pretty closely. Don't even get me started about Marcus. Someone else like AMC needs to step up and just put a movie theater downtown because Marcus isn't making any moves on Edison Place.