View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 16, 2012, 8:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
I think it will do just fine, and surprise a lot of doubters.
Staten Island has always had trouble getting tourists to stay on the island for any amount of time. A few years ago they made bus tours using old trolly-looking vehicles to ferry tourists around Staten Island to locations like the Conference House and Snug Harbor. I haven't seen any of these vehicles around for almost two years, so I imagine the program ended. I personally can't imagine why a knowledgeable traveler would want to spend time on Staten Island at places like those I mentioned above when Manhattan has so much more to offer.

If we do end up trying to attract more tourists by building this wheel, they should focus on adding some other attractions in the St.George area. Any where else on the island would be silly, as even a typical tourist would be hard to convince to spend three hours traversing around what essentially is a suburb of the other four boroughs.

I'm not saying this project will fail if built, these are just things to consider. I'm sure we can all agree that it would be quite sad if it was built and 3/4 of the modules were empty during peak hours.

Last edited by Duck From NY; Aug 17, 2012 at 5:42 PM.