View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 13, 2018, 4:17 PM

Philly was different back then; it was fun but in a different way; it was a different time. Then being before 1980 if going to the Orchestra or the movies in a huge movie palace; or hanging out in Chinatown which had everything good and bad you could have a ton of fun; but now Philly is more sophisticated; it is more of a World Class City I guess.

Now I enjoy downtown Philly without having to go to any particular destination because the energy is off the chart; I mean its amazing; it really reminds me of New York before 2001; or London or Paris in a way; the energy is crazy right now and in a good way.

I'm not sure but downtown Philly seems to have more people; more cars now; more restaurants and a huge variety of them and various price ranges. Out of the 195 countries that are in the world I think its safe to say that all but 12 nations don't have cities even close to what Philly is and among the 12 countries few have cities that are doing better than Philly is. If Philly were in any of the 183 countries that don't have cities like Philly this city would immediately garner mass international appeal.

Philly has a much larger skyline as well; a much higher skyline; it is incredible; its just amazing. Before 1980 the Philly skyline went from 12th street to 19th; it was only 7 blocks long with 2 building that were noticeable outside of that; the Society Hill Towers and the PECO Building and then the skyline pretty much leveled off at 450 feet.

Now in 2018 the Philly skyline is pretty continuous from the Society Hill Towers to 39th Street as seen from Belmont Plateau; and now its between 500 to 1120 feet; its really, vibrant and will only get better.

Comcast Tech I think is just the beginning; when its lit it will really be something to see and if we get 3 or 4 buildings like that this city won't be recognizable. To underscore my point I have a sister and brother n law who left Philly in 1985; they came back to visit in 2017 and they literally said this city is like New York City now; which was funny because they are from suburban New York; they were stunned; and it was pretty funny