View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 15, 2012, 1:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallBob View Post
Dissapointed the "Wall" tower did'nt get built. I think something could happen in a couple years! Any large office developement DT in the next 2-3 years?
Yeah Wallstreet Tower fell victim of the poor economy. Now it is an entire city block that has next to no up keep, weeds growing everywhere. Hoping someone buys the land soon. Although the Hyatt Place that was part of the tower decided to build an 11 floor building elsewhere downtown, which is awesome.

As I mentioned above our best shot at new DT office space was TD Ameritrade who went to central Omaha with their new HQ tower. There is some slight hope for two possible office projects. It was recently released that the DT office vacancy rate has dropped below 8%. Could be close to a point where spec office space would make sense. The other is a lot of connecting dots without much hard evidence. But some have been speculating and a rumor is out there that Japanese giant Marubeni Corporation could be looking at putting their North American HQ in DT Omaha. It would in theory be centered around Omaha company Gavilon which Marubeni recently bought for $3.6 Billion. Some geotechnical work has been seen at the rumored location.

Been pretty slow on the skyscraper front in Omaha since '04, you can probably tell some of I am a little antsy for some new construction.