View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 13, 2008, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcexpress69 View Post
However an influx of businesses did relocate To Mexico and Canada over the last several years. Certainly it's no secret that The Big Three( Ford, GM, and Chrysler) have moved some production into both countries. (Yes, and I know that several Japanese & European Companies assemble cars here also).
Wow I can't believe how wrong and misinformed you are on this issue. The relations between each of the US neighbours are entirely different on this subject. I will not comment about companies going to Mexico as I am not knowledgeable on this issue, but that is definately not the case with Canada. There were no autoplants that shut down and moved from the US to Canada due to NAFTA. Remember the 2 countries had a free trade agreement prior to NAFTA and before that there was the Auto pact dating back to the 65 and US car plants have been in Canada for over 100 years. So no US company would suddenly change where they are come NAFTA and come to Canada as free trade has existed for almost 50 years between the 2 countries and US companies have been producing in Canada for over 100.