View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 27, 2009, 8:33 AM

Every year those roads on the north side of campus get more confusing. I tried to drive by my old dorm last year for the A-day game and got myself completely turned around. It's great to see it growing.

The 35,000 # is smaller than the one that floated when they hired Witt. The rumor then was 40,000. Guess he tempered his expectations?... or maybe just adjusted for the economic situation and the PACT issue? Either way, I could see them building to that.

I wouldn't be sad to see a bunch of those old buildings on the north side of campus go. Few had any real beauty and many were just old and inefficient. I agree on the naming issue. Every minor space on the rest of campus has names or a history. It may take a while for that area to achieve a history, but they can at least give it names. I'm assuming there are a handful of donors still out there that might have a big enough ego to burn their name onto a piece of UA property.

What is that red dot in the middle of the greenspace on the upper left of the map? Is that some kind of reflection of the roundhouse? It would seem to be roughly in-line with Denny Chimes, the old library site, & the President's Mansion. If it's something like that then good on the planners to extend that kind of continuity to that end of campus.

...and I'm glad to see the old scoreboard go. It went up when I was a freshman & I'm glad to see it come down. Hope the new addition there looks as good as the north addition turned out. Thanks for the new renderings of the building next to it. That looks much better than the original.