View Single Post
Old Posted May 31, 2015, 4:33 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayden View Post
EDIT: Do the pics of persons putting their nasty feet on the vents annoy anyone else? Its almost like its MY building that I've worked so hard to build, and I'm super protective of it.
That's not even half of it.

Finally made it up there today, took a million pics which I will post some of in a day or so. But a couple of things to get off my chest.

Some of you may know I've been a big defender of tourists here in the city. But I've never been around a group of ruder people than I saw today. How dare you sit you big fat ass on a vent, blocking the view, having a snack, while people struggle to take pics around you. Yes, people were lounging around blocking the vents like they were at home or in a park. Someone has to get this under control, or those vents will be broken within a week. It's not fair for someone to have to pay $32 to get up there, only to have to struggle around people for the slightest glimpse of the skyline. And no one under 5 years old should be allowed up there. That's it, I'm drawing the line. (I would make it 10, but that may be too much). These parents don't know how to control these brats, they shouldn't ruin the experience for everyone else.

My other problem is with the que system. I understand it's newly opened, and they're trying to figure out the best system still (today's system was apparently different from yesterday's). You're directed to one lane, only to be told you're in the wrong lane once you get up front. And don't bother trying to get there early to beat the crowds. Doesn't matter.

All in all though, it was great to finally be back up on a World Trade Center observation deck! It's been too long! And now we wait for the decks at 30 Hudson and One Vanderbilt.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Did you not expect us to ruin your view?"

"Excuse us as we rest our tired, tourists butts. You can get the view another time."

Some pics from yesterday shows that if you build it, they will come. So much for the fearmongers...

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.