Thread: Is it Just Me?
View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 22, 2012, 4:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
ring road? unless it is a three-ring circus, I think it won't be coming soon. Even though I deplore needless sprawl, we need something to access North/West London (i.e., where most of the current and future growth is); something other than Unwonderful Road, Hyde Parkinglot Road, unFunshawe, etc.

So I hear that there might be another big box development, coming to NorthEast London (anchored by a StuporStore). The dumbcentre in NW London is showing signs of struggle. Most of the Northern part was not completed (Ghost parking lots/signs/foundations, etc.). The Southern portion has seen an exodus of stores, most recently, Winners. I reckon that there must be around 10-12 empty pads. Not to mention, the still unfilled strip plaza at the corner of Hydeparkinglot Road and Fanshawe (good sushi place there, though).
Winners left?

That doesn't bode well for that corner. The northside shouldn't have been developed the way it was - they're rather fortunate Lowes moved into the old Sam's Club - or else that property likely would be sitting empty still.