View Single Post
Old Posted May 26, 2013, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakamesalad View Post
I find similarities in Honk Kong with the Transbay tower and 181 Fremont, which look like the IFC and Bank of China towers.

And tech12 is correct, all the towers planned to be built within the next 5 years are clustered close and taller than the 600' height limit tabletop SF imposed (Transbay, 50 1st, 181 Fremont, Millennium, Howard and 1st). We have not seen any renders of the skyline with all of these towers proposed. I think you will change your mind that it will look like candlesticks. And One Rincon, a few blocks away, is quite tall as well, especially because of the hill compared to Soma and financial district, which sit at sea level.

In that sense, I agree. The Buildings you mention will replicate, to some extent, HK. I was thinking the density and dramatic makeup HK has to offer. Both do have a striking Bay/harbor.

Ricon Hill still looks all lone out there but will have a few neighbors soon. I was always surprised they got approval for Ricon as they are somewhat outside the Soma core.