View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 28, 2012, 6:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemonkee View Post
Wow, Duo looks amazing! What's the feasibility of that actually being built?
Guess no one here can answer at this early point...

I think I read somewhere that the investors want to make sure that at least 50% of the office surface area is leased before starting anything.

Also, any location outside la Défense is obviously unusual to build some tall things, thus a little riskier I guess, although the current mayor is in favor of highrises at the edges of the city proper.

There is yet a cluster of residential towers of the early 70s in the 13th arrondissement. You must get almost the entire fugly thing on that tiny picture.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
A larger definition is needed to admire their designs. This district is widely responsible for the hatred that Parisians devote to towers. Once in an article, I saw it called a scar on the city.

And there is the national library built in the mid-90s, still in that same arrondissement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
It's far from seen as a urban planning success, but at least its contemporary facades are much easier than the sorry 60s-70s above.

So since there are already some rather tall things in the arrondissement and there is absolutely nothing yet on the site proper, nor anything exciting around it, people may end up approving it like an improvement somehow.