View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 2, 2012, 12:37 PM
Very tall. Such Scrape.

I biked across the Peace bridge 3 times Saturday afternoon. Absolutely packed with people, bikes, rollerbladers, skaters, dogs, buskers, photographers, and even a group filming something. I know the budget is tight but they really need to do something about the pathway on the south side, not near wide enough to accommodate all the traffic that is now in that area.

I then rode over to Riverwalk and saw that as Wooster mentioned phase III by Fort Calgary is now fenced off to begin construction. Which got me to thinking, the quality of the pathway of Riverwalk makes the Eau Claire area and west just seem terrible in comparison. Are there any plans to eventually upgrade the pathways west of centre street to Riverwalk standards? I think it would be a real shame to not have the entire south bank continuous in the new design.

Edit: Looking back at the original renderings on the first post I see that it shows a pathway under the bridge on the south side, there is definitely space under there right now (and people always under there checking out the view), anyone know if the plan is still to put a pathway under there?

Last edited by Bigtime; Apr 2, 2012 at 12:50 PM.