View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 27, 2012, 12:57 PM

Well, a 20th year of no Stanley Cup for the NHL clubs who play their home games in Canada has come and gone. a 2nd straight Lost Decade for our teams in Canada has now ended. And I'm here to say that is not okay for Canada's 7 NHL clubs to be politicked out of Stanley Cup titles without end.

At least, up till the 1980s, Canadian franchises won lots of Cups every decade. But the U.S. dollar caused Canada's economy to implode in the mid-90s, and the U,S, figured it was bad for hockey for Canadian teams to win championships at all.

So, I'm here to say it's no longer okay for anyone in the U.S. to have any knowledge about hockey. And I'm calling for the NHL to leave the U.S. for good, no matter what it does to the sport. It may sound jingoistic, but I'm fed up with the U.S. teams sponging off the Canadian franchises and living off the corporate welfare we provide and afford most of the markets in the U.S.

But then, the NHL is ONLY EVER about off-ice politics, with the on-ice product a corrupt and legally bankrupt afterthought.