View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 16, 2014, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKidD View Post
Crossroads West and Apex on Quality Hill

The Crossroads West complex would have a six-story building with 275 luxury apartments, wrapped around a 400-space garage.

Quote:
An Indianapolis developer with local roots is planning to build three separate downtown apartment projects totaling 661 units in the Quality Hill and West Crossroads areas.

Jim Thomas, a partner with Cityscape Residential who grew up in Raytown, wants to enter the urban market in a big way with an investment in new apartment construction totaling $125 million.

If his development plan rolls out as proposed, it would be almost twice the investment planned by the Cordish Co. in its 25-story, 311-unit apartment tower scheduled to break ground next week at 13th and Walnut streets. It’s also twice the size as the 323-unit Market Station development that opened in the River Market in 2010.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2014/04/09...#storylink=cpy
And here are some early renderings of the other two buildings:

Apex

Summit

Wide variety eh?

These are huge projects for downtown though, so I can't be upset yet. I'm not too excited about the renderings that have come out so far, but I'm sure these are far from final designs. I will have to wait to really give any serious judgements.