View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 12, 2017, 12:59 AM
you know where I'll be

Riverside is John O'Donnell, formerly an exec at Buck, who at least previously - when he was there - almost exclusively commissioned Goettsch for office design. So, at minimum wouldn't be surprised, and in fact almost might expect, the architect to have been Goettsch once Hughes partnered with Riverside. That Riverside is now in the deal gives me more confidence that this will in fact get done. However, even though I like most of Goettsch's work, I'd have been more than ok with adding another new entrant into the downtown office tower design game this cycle.....I wouldn't expect mixed use here....I'd expect max to be around 55 stories and 750'.

What's interesting is that I believe we'll have another two large office towers going up once again in close proximity (well 3 if 151 N Franklin hasn't wrapped up by then). Everything I'm hearing says there are still 3-4 large prospective tenants shopping and 2-3 of them are likely to opt for brand new trophy space - with 130 N Franklin still likely to land one of these in the very near-term and get out of the ground shortly thereafter. And then at some point following that, perhaps even later this year (or could be into early next year as well), the next most likely tower to land a tenant and launch will be the general growth redevelopment.....