View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 28, 2010, 11:50 AM
Intergalactic Barfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian.odonnell20 View Post
The new render is a stack of unidentifiable objects how? well, because the building (if you even want to call it that) is an unidentifiable object placed on top of another one and another one and another one. Not sure how you don't see that. And yes, unfortunately every supertall completed or planned nowadays, especially this one, is an ego trip of some third world country attempting to stake a claim on the global stage.

The negative reception of this building has almost nothing to do with the location. It's just ugly, and that's the end of it.

And may I respectfully project to you, dear sir, that you are the epitome of the collapse of modern architecture as we know it. you think that new ideas, as bad as they are, can replace aesthetics, and likely take favor in foreign starchitects who care more about their style and brand than producing good, contextual architecture. Having a well designed, livable city is a way more important feature of architecture than this international pissing contest, this absolutely disgraceful and pathetic excuse for innovation and cohesiveness. These supposed "world renowned architects," namely Lord Foster, are some of the most middling, mediocre designers on the planet, and to support this, this brand-over-aesthetics style of modern architecture is not "innovative" or "revolutionary," but detrimentive and absolutely sickening.

You are all but lost if it seriously "eludes" you as to why american and european developers aren't knocking down Foster's door. He is awful. Almost all of his designs are visually unappealing and unharmonious, and have zero cohesiveness with surrounding buildings and environments. Unlike these wannabe cities, nyc or london or chicago or la or philly or houston don't care about height. they care about aesthetically pleasing, contextual, cohesive architecture, which is why they are and always will be 10 times better cities, from their history to their culture to their skyscrapers than ones from southeast asia, india, and the emirates.

Give me a break.
Hey, if you dont like it, that's fine. Feel free to express your views on the matter. But to suppose EVERYONE else SHOULDN'T like it, then you are trying to be some sort of egomaniac.
Give me an even bigger break!
I think it's an awesome looking skyscraper, and I look forward to seeing it in the Mumbai skyline some day, possibly in person.
Trying to explain to us why this proposal sucks is an excercise in futility, because there are LOTS of people who disagree with you. Thats life...