View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 27, 2007, 4:24 PM
CHACUN SON GOÛT

Quote:
Originally Posted by reggiesquared View Post
You just described Florin mall RIP. DTP is on its way! Being a frequent lunchtime customer of DTP I really don't think the venue is so much the problem as the people. Shoppers don't want to be bothered by gold teeth and pan handlers while they shop or relax. Even though W.F. is watching this mall die, I don't think much will change in terms of sales when they remodel if loiterers still occupy most of it. They will just have a fancier mall to bother people, talk to themselves and litter at. But who knows, maybe the if you build it (higher class stores and venue) they will come model will work but I don't see that happening until more normal people are living downtown to offset the bums. Hopefully that will start happening and the k-street mall will turn into something like the santa monica promenade where you have a pedestrian mall that leads up to a real mall/department stores. K Street could be another 5th street San Diego but gawd its amazing how hard it is to do things around here.
Yes it is very hard to get anything done here in Sacramento.

I avoid DTP mall. But, a co-worker friend of mine loves the mall despite being a tried and true suburbanite. She takes her family "down there" as if it were a "destination" mall. She's been doing this since the mall opened and her kids love it too. Her "kids" are in there early 20's.

In any big city, bums and "weird" people are par for the course. They are part of the fabric of the city. People just ignore them or are "entertained" by them. I dont know why Sacramentans seem to be so afraid and annoyed by them. Granted, when there are more of "them" than "us" it upsets the apple cart.

Last edited by BrianSac; Jul 27, 2007 at 7:12 PM.