View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 18, 2018, 8:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by montréaliste View Post
Well, your chart illustrates quite well that Toronto isn't "dwarfed" in Asian population groups by both London and New York by a substantial margin.
I think you have got confused. If you reread my post, you will see that the quote you refer to is in terms of foreign-born people from across the globe, whilst the chart is just for FBC’s from Asia.

The Asian foreign-born count for all three cities is 675,000 (Toronto), 900,000 (New York) and 1,135,000 (London).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
And the numbers aren't remotely apples-to-apples and useless in the context of the larger discussion. You're comparing basically the entire immigrant population in London to a (substantial) portion of that of NYC and Toronto.

Toronto would look much better compared to London metro-to-metro.
It’s a comparison of New York, Toronto and London which are probably the three leading candidates in this debate discussing cities, although I haven’t had a chance to review data for Sydney and Melbourne. All data comes from the official statistical agencies of Canada, the US and the UK, and categorically no part or group of either city has been omitted from the city data as you erroneously allude to.