View Single Post
Old Posted May 9, 2017, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Saturn64 View Post
I had been running under the assumption that the PATCO line was a method for New Jerseyans who work in Philadelphia to get into the city, like how SEPTA's Regional Rail lines are for commuters getting into the city. I think a PATCO station to connect this project to Philly and the NJ suburbs would be a good thing, but it's not a realistic goal.
How exactly, is the PATCO station not a realistic goal? The PATCO line already runs through the site. They literally just have to build a new station here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cafeguy View Post
Is this actually real? The tall residential buildings DOWNTOWN, sure...but past the highway in the middle of a parking lot? I mean...its great to have a plan, but all I expect is a parking lot and a short office building.
This is Brandywine Realty Trust. They get shit done. Is anything technically real until it's built? At this point, Schuylkill Yards isn't real because it hasn't been built yet. I believe the residential building is 'maybe if' scenario. It's one of the last steps of the development. Mostly the hotel and office buildings will come first, at which point, this will no longer be in the middle of a parking lot but surrounded by other high rises, mid rides and green space.