View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 17, 2013, 8:09 PM
I am the law!

I've spent a couple hours exploring it. Honestly, l think a couple hours is more than enough for an impression. To clarify, towers in a park implies single use highrise apartments surrounded by useless landscaping and not towers built in an actual park. Kingsway retail is quite fragmented. Oakville, Burlington, Port Credit, etc. Each has a low to midrise commercial main street surrounded by towers. It's not uncommon for most city centres that developed over time rather than a master planned green field development . MCC still has it's fair share of ground floor retail and is also rapidly urbanizing with several multi-phased developments encompassing dozens of towers just like everywhere else.

It was not intentional to offend by calling the Skytrain LRT. The reasoning is that Skytrain was originally built to market UTDC's ICTS/ALRT system to the world. It didn't quite work as planned and UTDC's technology was eventually purchased by Bombardier. Most in Toronto don't consider our SRT as a metro line in light of or subway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadillaccc View Post
What are you talking about? Have you ever even been or walked around for any length of time there? Having spent an hour or two in the mall doesn't count. Also, since when is the Skytrain an LRT? Are we really that desperate to grasp at straws just to put other places down?

Kingsway is an entire street of streetfront retail through metrotown. There's no park anywhere near the mall, except Central Park about a km away (gorgeous park btw), and as I said, it's not quite there yet, but it is getting there fast. With Sovereign, Station Square, Metroplace, the Metrotower Complex, Chancellor, the redevelopment of the parking lot of The Bay, there's no doubting Metrotown's plan and capability to become one of the most urban suburbs in the country. Especially considering it already has an entire street with brick faced pedestrian scale older buildings full of retail and opportunities for beautification running straight through it.

Me too man. Pretty much all of Lonsdale is great. Would be cool if they built a tram up the hill to make it more accessible too! Hopefully one day! The Quay is my favorite place down there. We always used to go to the East Side Mario's there! Yummm

Last edited by WhipperSnapper; Sep 17, 2013 at 9:07 PM.