View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 24, 2008, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cottonwood View Post
Ok. Time for a change of subject.
Anybody here lurking from Salmon or Moscow or Elk City? update us!
Hi, this is my first post but I've been lurking for a couple of years now. I moved to Moscow last month from Arizona and, although there is not as much development here as in Arizona, it's much easier to keep track of. I'll do my best to keep people updated on occurrences in Moscow.

The biggest planned development is the Hawkins Companies project across the state line in Washington. Although it's in Washington, it's adjacent to the western part of Moscow and still about five miles from Pullman. Here's a link to the project brochure.

The project had been held up for a few years over some water rights issues and a general aversion to development on the part of the past city council from what I can tell. After last year's elections, though, the project got the go ahead.

As of right now, the only publicly listed tenant is Lowe's, but the development is several hundred thousand square feet and has parcels for two more anchor tenants.

Also, I believe at the last city council session, they approved a general commercial rezoning for forty plus acres at the intersection of Mountain View Road and Troy Road I guess in hopes that the rezone could lure a potential development. In 2006, Wal-Mart was interested in purchasing the same land but the prior city council blocked the rezoning I think.

Finally, a lot of residential development is occurring on the east side of Moscow. The neighborhood I live in, Southgate, still isn't visible on Google Maps, so it's a bit difficult to explain the scope of the neighborhood, but I would say the construction of a few hundred houses is in the plans.

I'll post updates on here when I can find them. The local newspaper has one of the only news websites that charges a fee in the world, so I get my news from blogs and what not and none of them are strictly dedicated to development, but when I find things out, I'll keep everyone updated.