Thread: The GTA Economy
View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 27, 2012, 10:50 PM

Actually I'm going to bow out as I'm not going to pretend to be an expert on the subject and I'm to busy working on a render for a client right now. I will leave on this note though; Investment Banking dealing with the Oil Sands is not the only game in town. There are many more gears in Toronto's economic engine that have zero dealings with what's going on in Alberta. To ignore that is to say that we as a Torontonians are not capable of moving forward and growing without cashing in from the oil-sands. It also implies that we Torontonians that work in other fields are contributing less to the Toronto economy then some black tar out west. You've yet to prove that to me. There is a reason why Toronto has been able to continue to grow along with the rest of the Golden Horseshoe, diversity of it's people and of the industries they work in. The Tar sands are good for business here but to give them sole credit for our construction boom is to dismiss all the other great achievements that have been made by other industries in the region.

And lets not forget one HUGE factor for the downtown condo boom, generation X first time buyers looking to get out of the burbs and into the core.

Last edited by Andrewjm3D; Jan 28, 2012 at 7:07 PM.