View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 25, 2017, 6:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone123 View Post
I find that Montreal has better downtown and inner-city rapid transit coverage than Vancouver. A lot of trips originating more or less in downtown or inner-city Vancouver are not well-served by the SkyTrain, and it used to be even worse before the Canada Line opened (the fact that it went along a new path rather than feeding into the same route was a big benefit, although transfers could have been set up better). Areas like the the West End and Broadway corridor have bad rapid transit coverage, and people who live or work in those areas usually have to add long walks to their commute or take a bus.

The Millennium line "loop" also adds transfers to common trips.

Another problem is that Vancouver's system has very little redundancy. Any hiccup along the Commercial-Waterfront stretch causes major headaches.

Standards of what is or isn't good transit are pretty arbitrary but I feel like a many common trips in Vancouver are super slow regardless of mode of transportation.
I agree redundancy is an issue. Having the Millennium Line on its new route helps a little bit,

Not certain trains are best technology to cross connect false creek. Integrating the water taxi service may be a better option.