View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 23, 2009, 2:44 AM

Wyoming beat Tennessee on the road last year, and UNM may be down as of right now, but they still beat the hell out of NMSU, which is one of our bottom teams. Fresno state is 1-2, and went 6-6 last year. Fresno State hasn't done anything of consequence since 2006. Nevada looks terrible, and will probably lose to UI and USU this year. Hawaii has not been the same since the departure of June Jones and Colt Brennan, and even that team was overrated. Did you see what happened to them in the Sugar Bowl? That and Hawaii has yet to play consistantly on the mainland.

Meanwhile, BYU lost to a team that matches up really well with them. BYU struggles against teams with a lot of speed. Utah lost a lot from last year, but will still win 9 to 10 games. TCU has been consistent over the last few years as well, and in 2005 would've qualified for the BCS under the current rules with one loss. That is something BSU has yet to accomplish, and wont be able to as long as they are in the WAC.

Once again, I'd rather take three BSU level teams, then about 4 teams that are one the same level or better than Fresno State and Hawaii. The WAC has BSU and that is pretty much it. Look to my last post where I point out some bright spots in the WAC.