View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 8, 2016, 7:10 PM

Excellent.

72nd/91 Interchange and studying counterflow on the AFB (which I suspect will happen sooner than later); I wonder if this is the Liberals realizing that if the 'untolled alternative' doesn't get some attention, they will alienate too many voters south of the fraser who don't like tolls (despite the obvious benefits of the tolled infrastructure).

The key missing detail is will it be a full-movements interchange (to appease Delta)? Or are they just going to go ahead with SOMETHING.

Another detail would be associated widening of Hwy 91 north or south of the AFB to accommodate the counterflow traffic volumes, although I imagine much of it would exit to Nordel / SFPR / 91A. Let the traffic modelers figure that one out. Lets hope the future Sunbury and Nordel Interchanges are advanced; its pretty clear how much the congestion is affecting the peformance of the SFPR as a 'Goods Movement' corridor. Accessing the bridge via a single protected left turn is ludicrous.

Does anyone know how many times this interchange has been 'officially announced' now?

Either way, GREAT news (vote pandering or not).

P.S. Metro-One, I hope this redeems my earlier 'what the heck is going on?!?' query