View Single Post
Old Posted May 29, 2017, 4:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loco101 View Post
Charlie Angus is my MP but I don't really see him winning. His major weakness is his French. But I think he will get a decent amount of support.

I'm thinking that Niki Ashton will win. She seems to have a lot that might spark more interest in the NDP. She younger than the two other federal party leaders, female, represents a rural electoral district in Manitoba, has big-time Indigenous support, speaks French very well and also can speak Greek and Spanish. She pretty far left yet doesn't live in a major city. (Lives in Thompson, MB, population about 14,000) And she is fairly supportive of resource based industries as her riding's main industry is mining.

As for Singh, I would be surprised if he won. I honestly think he has a chance and could come close to winning but he hasn't been in politics for very long. My guess is that is could be setting himself up to be the next Ontario NDP leader. I wish he would have stayed in provincial politics.
I totally agree with you regarding Ashton. She seems to have the credentials, experience, and she's a great speaker and debater.

Hopefully we will see more substance from these candidates. This debate was a little better and I learned more about where they stand and their ideas (Caron's public infrastructure bank idea is pretty good) but after 3 debates I feel like I should know more.