View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 21, 2017, 2:31 PM
aka GM on SSC

Quote:
Originally Posted by deja vu View Post
Maybe a silly question, but what are all of these container-like things along the shore (image #95)? They look like they are all on sled runners - just for transporting things across the ice in the winter?
I guess the local people use them to stock their fishing and hunting gear, but I am not sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deja vu View Post
Are there any more photos of the ship that you were on - accommodations, etc?
Unfortunately I didn't take many pics of it, but here are two, at least :

A pic of my cabin, made for two people, but I had it all for myself. You don't see it on this pic, but I had my own bathroom, with toilet and a shower.

A pic of the lounge, with a little library and a billiard table.

The ship can accomodate up to 120 or 140 passengers (and some 30 or 40 crew members), but it was only half-full during this cruise, with some 60 or 70 tourists.
About half of them were German-speaking people (from Germany and Austria). There was also one Japanese man, a Dutch couple, an American woman and a French guy (me, but one of our guides also happened to be a French, living and working in Yakutsk). All the other passengers were Russian or Russian-American for some of them.
There were also a few people on the ship who weren't tourists, but apparently local people using the ship to go to a particular place (they didn't stay on the ship for the whole cruise and got off the boat at some village).

I still have a lot of pics to post, but I am pretty busy these days, so I will post them later.