View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 27, 2007, 1:33 AM

I really enjoyed all of your series on southern california. Seeing the photos of Riverside makes me want to take a trip out and spend the day there. I have relatives in the area, and come to think of it I had sort of promised last summer my dad and I would take the metrolink out and spend a day with them. We had spoken about hanging out at the Mission Inn. Now I feel bad because I will see them in a few weeks at our family picnic and still haven't visit.

Santa Ana, well its what it is, so much potential. I also don't visit that area, much. Well twice in my entire lifetime, but I had fun when I did visit. It sort of reminded me of a very small version of Pacific Avenue in Huntington Park.

Regarding Long Beach, you did a pretty good job for only spending an hour on the waterfront. The red building you mentioned is the World Trade Center, and I have to admit I like it too. The view from the top is really nice. One of my nephews worked in the building about a year ago, and he had access to an empty office on one of the top floors. Another great view believe it or not is from the top of the ferris wheel. I took my 5 year old visiting great niece on it last week. The air was so clear, and the ocean was so blue, I could have kicked myself for not having my camera that day.

Anyway I look forward to seeing more when you visit the LA area again. One suggestion is if you have time be sure to visit the city of Clairmont in the Inland Empire. Its not as far out as Riverside (about half way point from LA) and specifically the area called The Village and its surrounding neighborhood. Its a very beautiful setting full of private colleges, and historical homes. Its like a small quaint Pasadena, but sort of Ivy League in look. In fact many of the suburban cities in the San Gabriel Valley have beautiful and walkable quaint downtowns. A lot these cities have very beautiful homes full of character, and not your typical bland suburbs full of track homes.

Last edited by ChrisLA; Jun 27, 2007 at 10:18 PM.