View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 12, 2019, 7:19 AM

I Listened to Kinew's post election campaign speech and it sounded like a victory speech. He discussed the great gains made by the NDP since the last election...well that is certainly a matter of opinion like most things but I would conclude it is not all that impressive. As Rrskylar mentioned, he barely received 50% of the vote in his own riding which is pathetic for the leader of the opposition party.

I just can't see the NDP gaining much traction under Kinew's leadership. It would be best if they find another candidate if they want to legitimately contend in 4.5 - 5 years or whatever the maximum length of time the PCs can lead the province before calling the next election. My guess would be Pallister retires from politics in 2 years and gives the next leader ample time to establish themselves for the next election in 2024. Barring an epic scandal, it will be easy pickings for the PCs if Kinew is in charge.

I guess the liberals are a complete wild card. It will be interesting to see if they can actually gain momentum in Manitoba for the first time in over a generation should the NDP flounder under Wab.