View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 13, 2006, 12:37 AM
Atlantis Rises Again!

Okay, guys! I did one of my weekend construction site tours. Met3 is still a big cleared lot. Is there any word on when some real construction might begin? Infinity I & II look as though they might be going up at the same time i.e. the Plaza on Brickell I & II, Everglades on the Bay North & South Tower, and Quantum on the Bay North & South Tower, so it could be that they are both under construction. Even though they were marketed as separate projects, they could even end up looking something like Quantum. At least that's what the model in the sales office looks like to me. Now, please, help me make sense out of the River Front site. Wind and Ivy I've seen clearly marked, but what is going up south of Ivy next to the Metrorail on the Miami River? The holes are being drilled for the anchor columns. Is that Mint? Emporis also calls it River Front West, so from its location on the River Front site, it must be. And what else is going up on that site in relation to the Ivy and Wind, north or south of each, either on the river or on SW 3rd Street and S. Miami Avenue? I mean it's a pretty big site since this will be the gated River Front community! I actually got out of my car and walked halfway up the S. Miami Avenue bridge to try to make sense out of it all. From the renderings I've seen of Liz Calderon's Cima, it looks as though it will go up on the Miami River just south of Wind and will be one of the River Front East towers. And will we ever see construction on Onyx2 and Element (formerly Ice2), which is the most not-under-construction under-construction project you'll find anywhere? Premier Towers is another project that's been on the radar for a long time without starting construction! Steve

Last edited by NewAtlantisMiami; Aug 14, 2006 at 5:27 AM.