View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 26, 2013, 2:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suburbanite View Post
The argument that Toronto wants the NFL to be American or to be validated as a city by Americans is ridiculous. I want to watch the NFL because it's the best football league in the world, offering the highest level of competition. I would literally rather watch an exhibition NFL game than watch the Argos play in the Grey Cup. It's the same reason I don't follow the AHL or NCAA, who the hell wants to watch the feeder league regardless of whether or not it has more Canadians playing in it or not.
You are ridiculous and part of the problem.

The CFL is not a minor league to the NFL like the AHL is to the NHL. It is a completely different game and there have been many CFL stars who went on to be NFL stars, and many NFL players who completely faceplanted in the CFL.

It's like comparing Rugby to Aussie Rules football, they're just different games. Plus the CFL is more exciting so to me anyone who says they'd "rather watch an NFL exhibition game than the CFL" is just gullible enough to be caught up in the hype machine.