View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 25, 2008, 2:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guess View Post
Well, Houston Pavilions is replacing parking lots, so I guess it can't make downtown any worse. On the other hand, I don't like the final design. A two story building fronting Main, yeah, that's a great use of prime real estate.

I was looking forward to the residential component, not because I cared how it would effect the retail, but because it looked like somewhere I would like to live. And I don't understand the attitude of saying it might be a good thing that the Pavilions is smaller because it ups the chance of developments on other empty lots.

New retail downtown will help, but it doesn't change the fact that the Pavilions final design is a disappointment from what it could have been. And I don't think there is anything wrong with pointing that out. I actually think that two or three different projects on those blocks would have been a better plan.
I just don't think we'll have a significant residential population in downtown when there are so many options outsides of downtown (heights, washington blvd, midtown, eastside, etc.). Just too much competition in my opinion.