View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 16, 2018, 7:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas View Post
EDIT: you beat me to it, ATX.

I'm surprised they're considering a tower for the Brush Square block. I know the fire station is there, but I remember us discussing before that the fire station could be moved and the park restored. Otherwise, we could just go all in and develop the park. I don't think many people realize that's actually a park.
That has to be an error -- Brush Park just held its first public community planning meeting two Saturdays ago . . .

Quote:
The city of Austin Parks and Recreation Department will host a master planning effort for Brush Square from 10 a.m. to noon Saturday at the square, 409 E. Fifth St.

The planning process will engage the public in the development of a vision and conceptual master plan for the downtown square. In addition to enhancing the square’s green space and trees, the effort will respond to the highly urban context of the square, which includes the adjacent Convention Center, Lance Armstrong Bikeway and the expanding Capital Metro Downtown Station.

The master plan process will result in cost estimates, phasing recommendations for short- and long-term capital improvements, as well as financing strategies.
https://www.mystatesman.com/news/loc...fI2ZdrqkBUhXO/

This is almost certainly is the Courthouse Block at 400 W. 4th. . . . the permit itself states the current use of the land is "parking lot."