View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 2, 2012, 11:24 PM

Location: The absolute western-most point of the Philadelphia urbanized area. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilamonster View Post
It doesn't have financing as far as the public knows but it hasn't been cancelled either. Well again, as far as the public knows it hasn't been cancelled. I think there is a pretty good chance that something much smaller and grand happens on that Grandview ave site. You might as well hold off on putting that in the front page list of projects.
I really do not want this project to be cancelled. It would be a huge addition for Mt. Washington! This city has seen project after project fall through due to either a lack of support or a lack of funding.

I don't understand why residential/hotel use here would be so risky. Yes, they would be condos and a hotel, but it's in a rather high-end/upscale part of town. Hotel use is in high demand as well. Plus, this being withinwalking distance from the Monongahela Incline, I wonder if there is any incentive (cash or otherwise) for contructing transit-oriented development. That would be good for at least some funding.