View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 7, 2016, 9:39 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdreamz View Post
I tend to think Miami doesn't get any respect on SSP anymore hence the lack of diagrams that need to be updated.
If this project was going up on the waterfront in say Chicago, New York City, Toronto, Vancouver, Philly or San Francisco or any other city there would be oodles of comments & replies by now.
Instead there are 55 replies and only 7 of them come from others who aren't from Miami or interested so far.
How many cities on this forum currently have four towers over 500+ feet | 152 m under construction let alone 17 currently ?
Is it just because they are condo towers?
Shame that some of the SSC Miami members can't intermingle here as well. In terms of developments, its booming. More so than many more cities with double the population. Some projects like 1000 Museum are stunners in themselves. Acclaimed by the architectural community, yet no interest. Sunny Isles has some slender, gorgeous towers, but its because its in Florida. Now... had 1000 Museum or Jade Signature been proposed in The Loop, I'd have a 1000 posts by now.

I think its just envy that's all and lots of homerism. Same way not many China projects are discussed on a primarily North America development forum because it would wipe the floor clean with how behind we are. IDK, I just think all U.S. cities should get attention because its not one city that makes a country, but all. City boosting is bad stuff in the collective, grand scheme of society. Its not just limited to Miami, but to places like Seattle as well. Which are booming and have some gems in the pipeline and u/c. No love for "The Mark" which is a stunner, and rising!