View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 19, 2018, 6:38 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by towerpower123 View Post
During the Planning Board meeting at the end of last year, the tallest tower of Phase 2 is listed as 60 floors, and is adjacent to a narrow 27 story hotel.

The thing I especially love about that is the fact that the midrises of Phase 1 are all clearly shown with the almost exact details regarding their street level experience. Particular fears were that the McCarter Highway frontage on the lower right would be a fortress and that they would try to seal off public access from the street into the development.
That was a concern. I was wondering how they were going to deal with that elevation. Also, on the opposite side of the bridge, the Harrison development explosion continues. I used to walk across that bridge, so there could be pedestrian traffic both way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv95 View Post
The midrises near McCarter Hwy look like motels or slightly better versions of housing projects. The rest I like.

But lol at the Airtrain in the 2nd pic. The city subway cars(light rail) look nothing like that.

The rail cars don't look like that. But in the end, the residential buildings probably won't look like that either.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riverf...tadium_station

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.