View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 8, 2013, 1:49 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablue View Post
I agree but MSG was never moving because of the Dolans. It won't be now either with the renovation for a long time. No way the Dolans will easily give up their super convenient location right above Penn for a less convenient one without major incentives.
That's why I said Related should have spent that time trying to sway them. I think they had a better shot than with trying to get BMCC to move. Dolan decided to move ahead with renovation in part because Related and Vornado weren't getting anwhere with the Penn Station plans. And while the current MSG renovation looks ok, that's only from the inside - its still the mess it always has been from the outside. But maybe that is the one good sign, no really significant alterations to the outside because Dolan sees a way out in the future. We could only hope.
http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcp/pdf/env_...cp053m_eas.pdf

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.