View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 7, 2008, 8:46 PM
Salut tout le monde!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabb View Post
What do you mean ? That St-Etienne could not really afford this building ?
I'm sure that, even though it's expensive, it could turn out to be a good investment.
Yes this is what I meant, maybe I'm wrong but I think these famous names as Foster, Maki or even Nouvel (the project is not yet approved but...) are too much for this small city, and probably that's why we have a new major. We're too close to Lyon which is The attractive city.
Does St Etienne really need to have the same architects as those of the new WTC? while projects could have been realized without necessarily involving such great names.

Quote:
Je passerai 5 mois à Lyon bientôt, j'irai définitivement faire un tour à St-Étienne, ça semble intéressant. J'adore les quartiers médiévaux, y'en-a-t'il à St-Étienne, Lyon ou y'a-t-il des villes médiévales intéressantes dans le coin?
In St Etienne, we only have some old buildings as La droguerie de la Tour or old houses in the small St Jean district, on Rue des Martyrs de Vingrés. Lyon have the old Lyon (end of middle age and beginning of Renaissance)
But not really far from here (about 40 km from Lyon) there is Perouges, a real medieval town, I visited it when I was in school, traditionally, each school goes there for its one day trip at the end of the school year. Here's a link: http://www.perouges.org/

Last edited by Sandy; Jul 9, 2008 at 7:15 PM.