View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 13, 2014, 9:35 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiz Khalifa View Post
Ok, great. Source? Small offices may be "hot" but the residential market is literally exploding right now. There is no comparison. Soffer and Highwoods must be looking at the market data for the wrong city if they think office will do better on this site.

I think it is well know at this point that Soffer had no real "master plan" with any real thought or design involved for the SSW beyond the retail core.
Hey, I thought you were going to let me continue and not knock me off my high horse? There is nothing personal in any jabs I may take on here, so please don't ever take my posts too seriously, even ones where I might be making some sense.

To the bolded portion of your comment above... I agree with you. So then why do a suburbany office building there? I think Soffer needs cash quickly and Highwoods (as a commercial leasing company) is all too happy to oblige in a chance to develop a riverfront parcel much cheaper than they could likely do elsewhere. Unfortunately for Pittsburgh, Highwoods hasn't done this before -- they're primarily a leasing services and developer in more suburban-styled office parks.