View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 4, 2017, 2:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eightball View Post
Lookin' nice but maaan that should've been another 5 floors taller (yes, I know it took decades to get to this point...)
The portion along PA Ave SE is taller, I believe 7 floors. I agree that the PA Ave side should have been much higher, perhaps as high as 13 floors given the width of PA Ave SE and the fact that the Eastern Market Metro stop is across the street.

I lived in a condo building on C St SE between 6th and 7th Sts (almost on top of this site). In 2007 my condo building (mind you, its 5 floors tall) had a meeting with the architects and developer of the Hines site and every person at that meeting, except me, loudly complained about the size and density of the proposed Hines. I said at the meeting - we all live in a 5 story condo building less than 1/4 block away, how can we complain about the height and density of this new development. It didn't go over well, and I ended up moving to a rowhouse in Capitol Hill a few years later. I still can't believe this got built. I'm extremely happy it did, but the irrational opposition to this project was / is ridiculous.