View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 23, 2014, 4:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvpcvm View Post
Are you saying it shouldn't *ideally* or that an alignment like this would probably have that sort of travel time?

Tualatin isn't Beaverton-level big, but it's growing, and Bridgeport Village is a popular destination, and it would capture riders from Wilsonville, Lake Grove, Sherwood, etc. The problem is that there are a lot of potential destinations in that area that aren't really in a corridor. I mean, the obvious, direct, route is south along I-5. But downtown Tigard is apparently a valid destination, and Kruse Way unquestionably is. But trying to include both is problematic.
I think the alignment through this section would undoubtably be grade separately or exclusive right of way and should therefore be no more than 25 min.

I think some have pointed out that a BRT system would adequately respond to this situation by offering a more flexible routing so that a mainline would go from tigard to portland, and several lines would branch out from there to other secondary destinations like tualatin. I have no dog in the fight, but given the relatively low density of the westside, maybe this is as good as it gets? geez, SE Division has more density than Barbur blvd.