View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 14, 2013, 1:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by montréaliste View Post
I am shopping around for an old house in the sud-ouest; the Pointe, St-Henri, or Verdun and maybe NDG. It needs to be an oldie but goodie though. I dont want a condo, but not sure about what it will be; a rental property or a single family duplex. I need to sell my house in anothe Pointe... Claire.
The Pointe has a very handsome inventory of single-family homes (converted duplexes) currently on the market. I'm no real estate expert, but I did spend the last few months shopping for a home and I must say given the potential it has for development, Point-Saint-Charles ( and maybe Verdun) currently offers the best bang for the buck. I was skeptical at the thought of living here at first, but o far I'm really loving the vibe. Peaceful beyond my wildest expectations and the fact it is ''hemmed'' like Rico mentioned really makes a difference. Maybe it sparks our desire to look inwards vs outwards. It also seems to keep the city's ''wilderness'' at bay i.e. noisy delivery trucks, STM battallions, car horns

Since you're in the market, I should mention I offered 20% below asking price for my new unit and settled at roughly that. The market in Montreal right now is favoring buyers BIG TIME.

Last edited by leftimage; Aug 14, 2013 at 2:08 AM.