View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 24, 2012, 4:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeweed View Post
Redford's talking about a "record number of voters". I know Alberta has grown a lot in recent years, but that seems premature based on voter turnout numbers I've seen so far.
What irked me and causes me some fear is that she said that this result is proof that Albertan's want change. What is it about Alberta not voting for the Wildrose who so clearly fell on their heads in the final stretch of this election campaign and who clearly had some seriosuly weak MLA's who were of questionable character that says to Redford that "Alberta wants Change"?

Maybe Alberta just did not want a bunch of bigoted pastors running in the government or a leader that refused to admit the questionable character that those statements showed and whether those were truly the right people to be running for a position in a political party.

I do not see this result as Albertan's wanting change, they simply did not want the Wildrose running the show. Heck, they put in the same party that has been running the province for 41 years now, "you must want CHANGE!" errm, no Redford.... that actually is not what this result says. It is YOU that wants change and you are just spinning this in order to justify the changes you are clearly planning on making...

I was hoping that victory speech would ease my concerns, it actually amplified them... I dread what she might do to this province. 0.5 is a sure thing now, what is next? Allison Redford is now planning her own wish list of changes for this province and she will shoehorn them through her majoritty government... great.