View Single Post
Old Posted May 27, 2014, 6:56 PM
YIMBY

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeweed View Post
Those last 2 sentences directly contradict each other. If there's no reason, there's no problem. If there's a problem, then they have a reason.

However, this all boils down to the assumption that on-street parking was ever built or designed for local residents only. Some people are 100% convinced in that, some people 0%. I'd actually put myself somewhere in the middle - but much like traffic complaints in general, I don't have a lot of sympathy for residents here. If you live close to popular amenities, expect traffic and parking issues. That's how cities work.

I'd rather we move away from Balkanizing our neighbourhoods the way I've seen some places move in the past. Besides, this kind of thinking is at the core of NIMBY - omg, build something and I'll have parking problems! Perhaps if parking is a concern for a person, they should purchase property that has parking on it? Calgary isn't exactly Tokyo here, there are plenty of places in even the most dense communities to park off-street.
I agree, additionally for me parking naturally slows traffic something seems to be a recurring issue

Disclaimer: All opinions expressed are my own not those of any affiliated organizations.