Thread: HRM by Design
View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 10, 2008, 4:31 AM

I'm about halfway through them myself J, and it's very much changed my view of the plan. Funny how being informed stops flying off the handle half-cocked... heh... heh. To be honest it was Jono's points in other threads that made me want to read it, he/she seems to hit a lot of topics on the head, and well recipes tire my addled brain.

The plan even simplifies the appeal process, and even puts a limit on time and number of appeals someone (be it heritage, or nimbys) can make. It's doesn't knock the legs out from them, but it does check the pull, they have development wise.

As for towers DT, a broken up and spread out highrise district would probably help with the flow of the city. It would more than likely help stem the "doughnut effect" that's happened(ing) in fair amount of North American cities, and somewhat in ours. Naturally though, most of the highrise developments are going to move North toward the interchange lands because that's where the land is. I'd be down with that, that way you could have a rising affect starting at PPP, and as you go more North, the buildings get taller, and that way you get a great view coming into the harbour, where a luck foad of our visitors are going to enter, and more people get a view of the best damned park in North America, from a lot more points in the city.

Ya I said it, I love Point Pleasant Park more than the Dartmouth commons and Shubie Park combined. (blasphemy!!!)

Last edited by reddog794; Apr 10, 2008 at 4:43 AM.