View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 6, 2017, 7:04 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:
Originally Posted by rousseau View Post
I don't have cable and haven't watched TV news in a long time, so I can't say for sure, but I would be very surprised if there were any coverage at all on TSN or whatever of anything outside of maybe the last day of the Tour.

There's nothing at all on the front page or the video page on TSN's website, but if you hunt around you can find a page "dedicated" to cycling. Here's a screenshot of that page:

http://www.tsn.ca/cycling

Bizarrely, if you hit "Load More" on this page a couple times you find the CP story about Michael Woods in my post above in and amongst other Tour stories from July.

I'm guessing that pro cycling is not top of mind in Canada. Ryder Hesjedal's win five years ago got coverage, though you could tell it was a difficult one for the programmers, as it was obvious that no one really cared about it save for cycling enthusiasts.

It's so awesome that Montreal and Quebec City have those two UCI races. And really, they're the only two cities in Canada that deserve them in terms of terrain or indeed can support them in terms of cycling culture.
I can't do screen shots but RDS has a story about Froome losing ground in Spain on its home page. It's about the 8th most prominent item.

Other sports covered on the front page are NHL (fairly dominant), Montreal Impact MLS soccer, ATP-WTA tennis, Formula 1, NFL, MLB, CFL, UFC and boxing, World Cup and European soccer.

No NBA and no golf.