View Single Post
Old Posted May 25, 2013, 3:01 AM

This is the site of the proposed 1200 ft. tall twin Piano towers from 2006 (now dead, obviously).
I can not wait for actual renders on this one. Planning is looking for something landmark, so I think they are gonna be really really good, to say the least. These towers, Transbay, 181 Fremont, and Millennium Tower are going to make this high rise skyline world class, finally. All of these massive refrigerator boxes will still be impressive in density but will fade to back. The SF skyline is painful to look at from most angles because of the tabletop and gapped tooth effect. In 5 years the downtown skyline is going to be very Honk Kong esque.

Regarding the "historic" building on Mission and 1st, I don't find that building worthy of preserving at all, there is nothing charming about it, especially on the inside (I've been inside when I did casting work with Beau Bonneau), it has been so chopped up and plastered over. Maybe if they really renovate it, give it some new ornaments, new awnings, it will look good. But for now I'd rather it be torn down.