View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 9, 2016, 9:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milksteak View Post
I remember about 7 years ago I parked at this garage while looking for my first Philly apartment (ended up at Walnut Square apartments, but that's a story for another day)...this is one of those garages where some dude takes your car and packs it in somewhere like a sardine. My car exterior was fine when I got it back...but my steering wheel was all scratched up. Like, how? Why? Either way, good riddance.
Ever see the movie "Ferris Bueller"? It's a movie from the '80s. I'm sure you must have. If not, rent it. Watch carefully how that parking attendant treats a car!
Baconboy007, Another trip to New York, like in the mid-to late 70's, I was a legal lad to drink at the time. My PA plates must not have agreed with the City towing. This is when NY adopted the "park on the side of street" on a certain day, and the same for the other. I guess I never noticed the sign. It was something like Mon, Weds, Fri, Sun park this side only. and the other is obvious. I was young and had just enough money for gas and tolls. My Mom had to Western Union me up some dough to get my car out of hock. Bad memories in my teens.

sorry for going off topic: this is my last story (today)