Thread: Flamborough
View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 26, 2008, 2:33 AM
On Guard For Thee

Wow, hit a nerve did I? Re-read my post--I stated I had no idea what the funding mix was for 5&6--merely that it is an MTO project, which it is.

Secondly, I find it ironic that I would be accused of "mouthing off"--something I've actually never participated in here. This thread, if you read it carefully is nothing but name calling, provincial thinking, finger-pointing and chest-thumping. Did I say I support Margaret McCarthy? Never have to tell you the truth--have no time for her whatsoever--and I'm reasonably sure I didn't misspeak on that point.

Lastly, if you actually believe this us vs. them attitude will somehow advance the city/region's fortunes going forward, you are, I'm afraid to say, dead wrong. As much as you'd like to believe that the "old" City of Hamilton (I stand corrected--only the portion north of Fennell) is an island unto itself with poor suburban communities clinging to it for dear life--you are sadly mistaken. The entire region--and I mean--GTA, through Hamilton, through Niagara works, prospers and develops as a single organic unit. Until such a time that you choose to embrace the idea that people need to work "together", you are as completely guilty for the negativity and bickering that has hogtied the city, and region for decades.

Now, I accept that you're a passionate person--fair enough. Perhaps wait until you're seeing a little less red before you respond to my posts here. You already know where I grew up, you already know what history and attachement my family has in relation to Hamilton--so please don't expect me to come on here and expect to give people a free-ride while they shit on everyone in an entire (former) town--becuase they have an agenda or an axe to grind, or because they dislike a particular politician. You have no problem at all 'defending' your community from criticism, and frankly, you shouldn't expect less from anyone else.

Remind me again why the old City of Hamilton was so hot on amalgamation? I was entirely opposed to splitting Flamborough amongst Brant, Waterloo and Halton--I thought it was an utterly sickening idea. Do you understand the roots of the argument though--can you find me another municpal issues thread where the people in Flamborough are called 'idiots'?