Thread: Flamborough
View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 26, 2008, 7:55 PM
On Guard For Thee

I don't know whether you are ignoring my point on purpose, merely avoiding it or are oblivious to it. The entire 'theme' of this Thread is Us Vs. Them--denial of that seriously harms your credibility. If this is by design--I applaud you--I don't believe in going on the defensive myself--but suggesting that I mean you refer to people in other municipalities as "us" is ridiculous--you're smart, I'm sure you know full well that that's not what I'm suggesting. Seriously, read this thread, it is incredibly ugly in nature. I'm sure you have your reasons for ignoring the unbelievable generalizations in it--you yourself acknowledge that you use this Forum as a pulpit for your agenda--and these generalizations support that. Nonetheless, your failure to respond to the points I've made prior to this post leaves the impression to me that the statements you and others have made are indefensible--I'm not saying that's the case at all--I'm pointing out the fact that you've ignorned my points and chosen instead to attack the way in which I've expressed them.

Just as all people in Flamborough are not represented by this unknown person with the 3 acre lawn that's worried about watering restrictions, not everyone in Hamilton is represented by Michael Baldassaro. Painting everyone outside the former City limits as biased against the city seems to be the grist on which this mill runs. If you read back through this thread it is clear that the initial poster intended this to be incendiary in nature. Did you make note of the fact that a number of posters suggested potential solutions? Did those suggestions enrich the conversation--or were they outright ignored in favor of more rhetoric about "crybabies" and "free rides" under H-W government?

I respect your participation in this Forum, but do not expect for a minute that something so egregiously biased is going to go unchecked--I would expect no less from you if I, or anyone else came here and made statements of a similar nature about "those people" in the city.